Tackle#1
I rubbed salt, pepper, and rosemary onto my bone-in chicken and panned cooked it (boy does that take patience).
In the meantime, I created a baste for my chicken with the juice/pulp of half a grapefruit, a squeeze of lemon and lime juice, and a drizzle of honey.
Once the chicken was nearing completion, I smothered the citrus onto the chicken and into the pan. When the baste started to caramelize in the pan I gave it a shot of orange juice to keep it from burning onto the pan. I smothered that onto the chicken, making for a nice charred taste. A. was a fan and he is not a big fan of the grapefruit.
Tackle #2
Tackle #2
Our second chicken citrus combo came from a variation of the Rosemary Citrus Cornish Hens.
A. made alterations as far as braising the chicken before; I'm pretty sure that he skipped that all together. He stuffed the bird with grapefruit, lemon, lime and then rubbed it down with olive oil, salt, pepper, all spice and rosemary. For kicks he stuck the leftover grapefruit slices against the chicken's legs. I came home to a beautifully roasted bird, which resulted in three different meal options (roast chicken, enchiladas, and pizza).
No comments:
Post a Comment